- The Other Side Of My Kitchen!
- Gay Fandom and Crossover Stardom: James Dean, Mel Gibson, and Keanu Reeves by Michael DeAngelis.
- Search form?
- Performance-Optimierung: Systeme, Anwendungen, Geschäftsprozesse (X.systems.press) (German Edition)!
- Grades 3-5 Literature Guides: Volume 3: Popular Fairytales.
- Gay Fandom and Crossover Stardom.
- eBook Gay Fandom and Crossover Stardom : James Dean, Mel Gibson, and Keanu Reeves PDF online.
Do stars lose their cachet with straight audiences when they cross over? In addition to fans of James Dean, Mel Gibson, and Keanu Reeves, those interested in film history, cultural studies, popular culture, queer theory, gender studies, sociology, psychoanalytic theory, melodrama, fantasy, and fandom will enjoy this book. Paperback Cloth. Availability: In stock.
Add to cart. Open Access. Request a desk or exam copy.
Table of Contents Back to Top. Acknowledgments Introduction 1.
Duke University Press - Gay Fandom and Crossover Stardom
James Dean and the Fantasy of Rebellion 2. Rights Back to Top. Awards Back to Top.
- Gay Fandom and Crossover Stardom: James Dean, Mel Gibson, and Keanu Reeves | Michael DeAngelis!
- Gay Fandom and Crossover Stardom: James Dean, Mel Gibson, and Keanu Reeves | devyzuzyvoby.tk!
- Cooking for Film Night: Potluck Delights: Flexible Dishes That Travel Well.
Additional Information Back to Top. Publicity material Bk Cover Image Full. Also Viewed. Living a Feminist Life. Staying with the Trouble. Animals and Women. In his first book, DeAngelis, assistant professor at DePaul University, explores how male film icons are both shaped by—and help shape—gay male styles and cultural representations.
Citation Styles for "Gay fandom and crossover stardom : James Dean, Mel Gibson, and Keanu Reeves"
Closely examining the screen and public personas of James Dean, Mel Gibson and Keanu Reeves, DeAngelis charts a series of complicated interactions between the masculine affect of these actors, their adoring or disillusioned gay male audience and versions of masculinity that appear in gay culture. The author is best on James Dean's career, charting how the actor's emotional openness and vulnerability often made him "look" gay and how that image was exploited in his films as in his highly erotic relationship with Sal Mineo in Rebel Without a Cause.
Explicating the more complicated territory of Mel Gibson's image and career, DeAngelis doesn't sustain that clarity of argument, and his use of gay critic Daniel Harris's ahistorical work doesn't help. Fortunately, he regains footing discussing the pansexual, soft masculinity of Reeves as well as Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio.
James Dean, Mel Gibson, and Keanu Reeves
Forecast: DeAngelis's analysis of cultural trends in both gay male and mainstream culture is often provocative, but his academic vocabulary and tone will limit readership to scholars in cultural, queer and sexuality studies. View Full Version of PW. Duke Univ. Buy this book.
Related Gay Fandom and Crossover Stardom: James Dean, Mel Gibson, and Keanu Reeves
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved